Strange Citect Problems

PLCKeef

Has anyone had any problems with Citect taking a very long time to load going to runtime ?

Also have you had any problems with logging in , on one computer the same project runs perfectly , run it on another computer and you can't log in , or it takes ages to load etc.
Seems very buggy or temperamental ?

We are running versuion 5.41 ( yes I know I need to upgrade , but our computers are ancient.)

Have you tried viewing the kernal?
Generally, if you have it in view you can watch the processes start up and see what is taking a long time.
Usually, I find this to be a driver for PLC comms.
Haven't had this problem for a long time though.

Doug

Thanks guys .
I have had this problem on and off for a while with version 5.41, where Citect will be running perfectly , then load up a project and the computer will take a very long time , like 5 minutes to go to runtime.
I am upgrading the memory on the PC's so I can run version 6.1 which seems to run OK.

What about user login , have you ever had any problems loggin in ?

5 Minutes !!

I have systems that take 20 Minutes to start the trend system up alone !!

I would do as somebody else suggested, check the kernel, it sounds like some bits of Cicode are not starting correctly for the login problem, is there any hardware alarms being generated ?

Otherwise its upgrade PC time i am afraid, if they are that old it may be time to start thinking about it anyway as you dont want one falling over on a friday night just before you are about to leave !!