Kepware and a panelview Plus 400

gosenbach

Hi all.
I am a bit stuck and I was hoping someone here could help. I am trying to finish up an app and the last thing I need to do is get my PanelView Plus 400 talking to my Ultra 3000. We have done this on several other machines in the past to set indexing parameters but I have never done it myself. Unfortunately the guy who does know how to do it is in Maui :) I made my PVP screens in RS Studio ME and copied/pasted the appropriate screen (for setting the parameters) from another app and added the KepServer to the RS Studio app just like it was in the other app. Unfortunately this did not work. In the PVP configuration under networks, there is a KepServer option but I get an error saying that it will not load. It does load on another PVP that I have on a test machine. I am figuring at this point that somehow I have to load the KepServer software onto the PVP but I have no idea how to do this. I have looked through the KepWare help files and the PVP help files but have not found anything of much help yet.

Can someone please point me in the right direction here? Would appreciate it. Thanks.

Greg

The KepServer drivers only get loaded into the PV+ terminal during a firmware update; when you create an upgrade flashcard, you select which drivers you're going to load.

Upgrading a PV+400 takes a very long time (almost 20 minutes) because it's not running an image copy but rather a Microsoft Installer session on that little hamster-powered OS. Be patient. Don't attempt it over RS-232.

The other important thing is that when RSView Studio creates a runtime file, it grabs the KepServer *.PFE file that KepServer Enterprise has configured as the Tools -> Options -> Default Project.

To reiterate; RSView Studio doesn't use the PFE file that's open and running, but rather the one whose name is in the Default Project field. Contrary to superstition, it does not need to be called "default.pfe".