RSView32 ODBC

antonlee

Hi,

Can I setup RSView32 to log data using ODBC to a table with more than one field? ie Descripton, Operator Name etc. I want to be able to do this in one table and not to create several Datalogs per field.

Is this possible in RSView32 or do I have to have different data logs setup for each field. The fields are setup as string inputs in RSView32 graphic.

I do not know how to send the data to the specific fields inside the odbc table.

Cheers.

Yes you can do this using VBA. I would personally use ADO rather than ODBC if this is possible. There are good examples on the Rockwell website for this and it is realtively easy to do and very reliable. If you are using a database which supports stored procedures you could simplify the RSView end still further and just pass parameters to the DB. I do this where I am collecting data from different sources so I always have a common date/time stamp (from the DB machine).
Andybr

By default, RSV logs to 3 fields float string & tag index, you can create more than one but store them to the same DbYou can rename them but there is always the 3 fields however some need not be populated.
As above it would be best to populate the DB with VB.