Generic PanelBuilder Buttons

Psymon

Is there a software program out there (or that used to be out there) that made buttons for panelbuilder? I have a couple of HMI's that I need to add items to, and all the buttons are bitmap images that I'm guessing were created with some third party software. I just don't want to have to Photoshop every button I need to change.

Thanks fellas,
Jay

EDIT: I've attached a sample button so you can see that it isn't a PanelBuilder native style button, wrong font, border, etc.

Last edited:
You can make your own with in MSPaint and import them into panelbuilder or export them and modify them and then import them back into panelbuilder.

I concur with magicsmoke. Paint or Paint.net are the tools for the job, not photoshop...

Then the brute force steps may go quicker, unless you are into photochop scripting and have dozens of pieces to hash through...

1. Export from within PB32,
2. Open with...(paint/paint.net)...
editing tips:

To make a 3d button of the opposite state:
a. sample the color
b. set the background to that color
c. select and cut the text
d. flip horizontal and vertical
e. paste the text/image

I rarely use whole images for button bitmaps, only the 3d frames, or machine drawings. Actually, take a close look at the object to make sure that is not what you have. 3d button frames are common in the PB world, and the color and text are often PB32 objects.

As a matter of fact, if the button, including text is presently a .bmp file, then you should consider changing them to graphics with inner text. You can then make two images of each required size and use them as PB32 pushbutton objects. If you use monochrome and a pattern for the 3-d edges, the color becomes a PB32 object setting, like the pre-installed 3dbutton.bmp in the Panelbuilder32 samples bitmaps.

Then you can have any color button, and the text becomes a separate entity.

This would also reduce the ram usage of the finished file.

Paul