S7 simulation debug

cfbosch

Good day

I would like to debug my s7 program running on the simulator, but all my options to set breakpoints are greyed out.

Could anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

I've done a search on ths forum for s7 debug, no joy.
I've spent all of yesterday reading and double reading the S7 help file, no joy.
I know it's a little itty bitty thing I'm not doing I just don't know what it is.

The block is open and online.
Debug operation is set to test.

The breakpoint bar buttons are all grey, and so are the menu options.

The running bar at the bottom is running.

I'm hands in hair - you guys have probabaly answered this a million times on this forum I just can't find the threads.

What are the common things ppl do wrong when they get these symptoms?

You are correct you have to be online and you also have to set plc to test operation mode using menu DEBUG-->Operation and click test operation. But breakpoints will only work if you are watching the code in STL view. And online in this case is not the googles its menu File-->Open Online.

Last edited:
Hah! Thanks

Got it (DOH!!!)

Thanks Bratt

I got it from opening OB1 from damager and then from LAD/STL/FBD editor [Menu]->[Open online] and also had to switch the breakpoint on with the other button after creating it.

Last edited: