Netlink adapter MPI-LAN Hilscher

dmkar

I bought the netlink adapter MPI-LAN from Hilscher. This together with the KepServerEx for Siemens. I can configurate the KepServer, i can put an IP-adres in the adapter, but they do not want to communicate. The IP adres in the adapter is accepted, i can 'ping' to it.
How can i make them communicate?
I have 2 Siemens S7-300 PLC's, a PC with a standard ethernet card, a switch and the KepServerEx.
Thanks.

I dont know either the Hilscher adapter or KepServerEx.
But I am taking a guess at that the problem ha to do with the rack/slot assignment. You have to specify rack and slot as well as the IP address.
Normally for an S7-300 it is rack=0, slot=2.

I know for some of these 3rd party ethernet/MPI adapters, that they use a "trick" to specify the MPI or DP station address. It consists of combining rack and slot in a special way to specify the MPI/DP station address. Look in the manual !

Thanks, but this is not the problem.
The MPI adres, slot, rack, etc are assigned. It must be something with the driver.

Is the IP addresss of the Netlink and the IP address of the PC that the server is running on in the same subnet. If it is not then you will not be able to get a connection.

Are there any errors posted in the server event log? if there is a configuration issue then that could be a problem and you will get an error in the event log.

Did you make sure that all the MPI addresses used are unique, i.e. the master MPI used by the server does not conflict with those used by the PLC or netlink adapter?

What is the version of KepserverEX that you are using?

Thanks for the replies, the MPI-adres of the netlink adapter was the same as the PLC. Now everything works fine.