Hello all

can any one tell me what is the difference between
1.cp 5512 vs netlink pro?

2. Which is more superior?
3. How netlink differ from cp 5512?
4.which is more convinient to use?

Thanking you
raj

The CP5512 is a PCMCIA card. Due to this I would not buy it from new. PCMCIA is a legacy standard that is disappearing fast from new laptops.
Consider the PC Adapter USB or the CP5711 USB in stead.
CP5512 and CP5711 can be used to troubleshoot Profibus networks to some degree, the PC adapter cannot.

The NetLink Pro is an Ethernet to MPI/DP adapter. You get all the advantages of ethernet. It cannot be used for diagnosing Profibus though.

Personally, I use ethernet enabled CPU's everywhere, so no need for any adapter at all. For the occasional need for programming an old CPU with only MPI or DP on board, I use a PC Adapter USB.

thanks jesper

hi jesper

can u please tell me a technical difference between cp 5512 and netlink

means operating range
tyeps of conection

please teel that
thanking you
raj

hello jesper
u said that netlink does not diagnose the profibus
and cp 5512 do

wht is exactly means

Dear kraj

Netlink pro is used in the areas where there are Ethernet Connections but u don't have any means to communicate with them except MPI/DP

CP5512 diagnoses the Profibus Networks.
Network Diagnosis :
Transmission Rate
Available Bus Network( Address)
Type of Communication ( MPI / Profibus )

thanks niranjan

is that u mean cp5512 card is better to use than net link pro

hello jesper

hi jesper

can u tell me
which type of ethernet facilities available on netlink pro
and not on cp 5512

The CP5512 is a PCMCIA card. Due to this I would not buy it from new. PCMCIA is a legacy standard that is disappearing fast from new laptops.
Consider the PC Adapter USB or the CP5711 USB in stead.
CP5512 and CP5711 can be used to troubleshoot Profibus networks to some degree, the PC adapter cannot.

The NetLink Pro is an Ethernet to MPI/DP adapter. You get all the advantages of ethernet. It cannot be used for diagnosing Profibus though.

Personally, I use ethernet enabled CPU's everywhere, so no need for any adapter at all. For the occasional need for programming an old CPU with only MPI or DP on board, I use a PC Adapter USB.