Panelview 550 Memory Loss

johnfarrugi

I have a Panelview 550 that has been running in the same application for the past 6 years. For some reason, I came in this morning and the screen was blank...nothing on it...at all...just lite up. I rebooted it and it started up in the Panelview configuration screen. I tried to run the application but was told that no application existed. I downloaded the app again and it ran fine for a few hours. The same thing happened again. I've never seen a Panelview do this before. Any Ideas?

It sounds like there is a problem with the non-volatile memory or maybe a power supply problem. You might be able to get by for a short time by leaving a memory card in it and configure it to load from the card on power up.

But, I think you should replace it and have it repaired.

Paul