Independent Controlnet Networks

cmschleich

Hi,

I'm running an exisiting ControlNet network with a 1756-CNBR in a chasis with a controllogix processor.

I want to know if I can throw in a second CNBR into that chasis, and run a new controlnet network that is independent from the first.

Searched the AB KB long and hard and didn't find an answer. I found a few semi-related subjects that sort of implied that it can be done, but I can't test it before buying hardware.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

kbpatton said:
Yes, you can have multiple CNet cards in the same chassis.

that run independent networks from each other correct? Then I can create and load individual RSNetworx configuration files for each network?

Yes, definitely, and for certain. That's the principle, that you can use multiple independent ControlNets for independent machines or machine sections.

The only thing that multiple ControlNets connected to the same controller have in common is that the controller has to be in Program mode to reschedule any of the networks whose connections it originates.

cmschleich said:
Hi,

I'm running an exisiting ControlNet network with a 1756-CNBR in a chasis with a controllogix processor.

I want to know if I can throw in a second CNBR into that chasis, and run a new controlnet network that is independent from the first.

Searched the AB KB long and hard and didn't find an answer. I found a few semi-related subjects that sort of implied that it can be done, but I can't test it before buying hardware.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

We do this all the time especially on larger projects that are commissioned over a long period of time in phases. But in this case we use another CPU as well. This prevents having to shut down a 24/7 process.

Only drag with controlnet , the CPU must be placed in program mode to schedule the network. Thats why we use a second CPU,during commissioning we can stop the CPU as many times as we need to whithout stopping the already commissioned CPU and CNB