4-20ma psi transmitter input

kpmec

Can someone describe the process(logic) to take a 4-20ma analog input from psi transmitter and scale it to 0-1500# output in real numbers. Thanks,

Last edited:
Thanks,

We use GE Fanuc 90/70 system with DOS based Logic Master 90 programming software (yeh I know). Thanks,

kpmec said:
We use GE Fanuc 90/70 system with DOS based Logic Master 90 programming software (yeh I know). Thanks,

Well that takes me out of the equation. Hopefully the GE experts will check in for you.
But I think the basic math would still apply.

Last edited:
when you use a pressure transmiter 4-20ma that mean 4=0bar and 20=25bar. do u need analog output 0-1500?
why do u need that?

Using Logicmaster you can scale the analog signal in the hardware configuration. The raw data will range from 0 to 32000. You enter 0 and 1500 for the corresponding engineering units.

The data reported by the analog input module will be a 16-bit integer. If you need it in floating point, you will have to use a INT_TO_REAL conversion function in ladder logic.