Rsview32 .DBF files - I need to chart a bunch

ironsham

I have to produce charts for a month's worth of these dbf files. There is one file for each 6 hour cycle.

Anyone have any ideas?

I could open each one individually into excel, copy the data to another sheet that already has a chart set up, and then Save As, but this will take forever. There are over 200 of these, with temperature data in one file and kilowatt data in a seperate file. ughh

I don't know much about VB, so I might be better off just biting the bullet and getting it done.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Do you need the values? or just a picture/trend?

You could make another RSView project to open them and display them, but depending on how fast you are at making new projects this may take you just as long, but if you are going to do these forever then it may be your best best...

geniusintraining said:
Do you need the values? or just a picture/trend?

You could make another RSView project to open them and display them, but depending on how fast you are at making new projects this may take you just as long, but if you are going to do these forever then it may be your best best...
Thank you for the reply

I Just need some type of summary. I suppose a chart that gave a clear idea of the maximums and the average would be sufficient.

I'm not doing these forever, just for this one customer one time who wants to upgrade one location's equipment to be on par with another.

I'll give it a shot with a temporary rsview32 project, see if I can get things done any faster.

ironsham said:
I have to produce charts for a month's worth of these dbf files. There is one file for each 6 hour cycle.

Anyone have any ideas?

I could open each one individually into excel, copy the data to another sheet that already has a chart set up, and then Save As, but this will take forever. There are over 200 of these, with temperature data in one file and kilowatt data in a seperate file. ughh

I don't know much about VB, so I might be better off just biting the bullet and getting it done.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Are your DBF files in wide or narrow format ??

I suspect that when you say there are 200 and then you say they are in 2 files I suspect they may be in narrow format.
If so then in Excel put them through a pivotal table and each tag named value will be sorted basically into wide format.