Sinamics S120 and CBE20 Warning 1416 Topology Mismatch

Barry Kirk

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to configure a Sinamics S120 Drive with CBE 20 Profinet option module using Drive ES - Starter V4.1.1.0

The Topology configuration screen shows a CBE option module installed in the actual detected hardware screen.. But when I try to put that option module into the Project Set or Set screens, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

This issue is causing a Warning 1416 : Topology Comparision additional component in actual topology(Component number 1, Component class 50, Connection number : 0)

Is there any way to add the CBE module into the configured topology so that the drive is happy?

Barry Kirk said:
I'm trying to configure a Sinamics S120 Drive with CBE 20 Profinet option module using Drive ES - Starter V4.1.1.0

The Topology configuration screen shows a CBE option module installed in the actual detected hardware screen.. But when I try to put that option module into the Project Set or Set screens, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

This issue is causing a Warning 1416 : Topology Comparision additional component in actual topology(Component number 1, Component class 50, Connection number : 0)

Is there any way to add the CBE module into the configured topology so that the drive is happy?

The easiest way to do it is with the automatic configuration and then it finds all the devices along with drivecliq devices. The problem with that is the CU must be defaulted.

But offline, are you sure you cant add it in the DDS button in the wizard?

I dont have Scout or Starter in front of me at the moment.

I hope your doing well, I heard "Yani" (spelling) left the company

When you configure the drive unit, you select the CBE20 from the option list:

cu320.JPG

Barry Kirk said:
How do I get to that configuration screen in Starter?

Offline under configure drive unit

but under a new CU320

I was wrong about seeing it under any DDS. I only see it when you first configure a CU320

On an existing CU320 (that has been configured) will an upload to PG bring it in?

Last edited:
When I goto the drive unit on the left side of the tree... I see
- Drive Unit Name
->Overview
->Configuration
->Topology

- Cu320
- Insert DCC Charts
->Configuration
->Control Logic
- Inputs/Outputs
--Profibus
-- BICO Converter

etc...

The configuration at the top shows Profibus Message frame and verision overview

The configuration under the control unit is more promising...

Under Control Logic I see

Last edited:
After you have inserted a single drive unit, the screen I posted comes up when you click on Configure drive unit. If you have already configured the unit then I've not been able go backwards to get the options screen - you will have to delete the CU and insert it again.

cu3201.JPG

Sorry that it took a while to respond....

Thank you that was the issue...

I deleted the Control Unit and re-inserted it. Apparently once you go past that one screen you are correct there is no way to go back and re-visit it.

Hopefully Siemense will fix that bug in Starter at soon.

Again, thank you for your support.