Motor Locked Sinamics S120

bornwild

We have a couple of S120 drives which are rack pinion system,which moves forward and back ward (linear motion only) . The drive shows Fault 7900 3 times per shift or sometimes more. The drive is commissioned for 6 -7 months. As per operator, it happens only during forward movements. What should I check. I checked the help file and it says to check below. I have increased the motor locked time but still the fault still comes up. Kindly advice

Screenshot_168.png Screenshot_167.png Screenshot_166.png Screenshot_169.png

You should set up a trace and monitor the current and torque

Has this occurred since day 1 of your startup?

Last edited:
I agree with JRW. You should also track encoder position and speed. I've had that fault before when the encoder wire had an issue; same thing where the machine was commissioned for months and it would happen randomly.

I agree with JRW. You should also track encoder position and speed. I've had that fault before when the encoder wire had an issue; same thing where the machine was commissioned for months and it would happen randomly.

Actually I am in remote support and I asked the customer to check the encoder wire for any damages. Was your cable damaged? or is better to change the wire to rule out any issue

Set your measure value acquisition to endless trace
download just the trace and start the trace with the arrow button

Watch the trace as it move back and forth

Can you do a screenshot of the expert list starting at about p300? and about the next 30 values down
That will tell us all the basic motor nameplate data

Last edited:
Your trace was there, but is now not visible.

My comment - you need to show speed demand as well as speed feedback - it would appear you have a synchronous motor so you can replace the current feedback with speed demand.