Siemens HMI MP270

Rubberduck

Does anyone know what software (ProTool/WinnCC Flex, versions?) and cable (schematic) I need to do an upload of an Siemens Simatic MP270 6AV6542-0AD15-2AX0).
I am currently looking for a replacement and therefore I need to make a copy of the software. If it is no longer supported how do I change it ot another version/HMI.
Any help is appreciated.

Yours,

Rubberduck

You can not do an Upload from a Siemens HMI. The original Project must be already in the PC. You can download a project to the HMI using the Prosave program which is free from the Siemens web pages.

This is what you can do: Connect your PC to the HMI via MPI, Profibus or serial(standard null modem cable). Run Prosave (free from Siemens) and make a backup of the project to the PC. After that, you can get another HMI (must be same model)and with the Prosave and the serial cable,you can download the backup project to the new HMI. You can not open or change the project. You can only open a project, change it, convert it into another HMI, convert from the Protool to Flexiblel etc. only if you have the original project in the PC.

Hold on all may not be lost!

Does the MP270 have a Compact flash card fitted? if so, its possible that uploading was enabled in the original project, and the complete project is on the card.

If this is the case - you can convert the project to a newer panel.

Also you can connect to the panel using Ethernet (Much Faster)

By the way MP270's are still available as spares at higher cost.

Allright! I will check on the presence of a CFcard.
Could you supply me with an address where I can get a spare unit?
Much appreciated.