PanelView 550 Comm problems

ziemba

The other day, a SLC 500 had a 5/02 processor fail. We were using the 1747-AIC to communicate to a PanelView 550 (P/N 2711-B5A3).

I am now trying to utilize a 5/03 processor in place of the 5/02. I am using the DH 485 Comm protocol. The PanelView is telling me no nodes are found on the network. I am pretty darned sure I have all the nodes numbered correctly but I have found in the past making these sorts of asusmptions can be dangerous.

Don't be afraid to treat me like I'm stupid. These are the first A-B products I've used. I'm more of a GE kinda guy. We bought these machines very, very used and I'm just trying to keep 'em running.

You may need to use the PanelBuilder software to open your Panelview application and check the communication settings. In that section, you will find the node number that the Panelview expects the SLC to be, and you may also need to update those settings to tell the Panelview you are communicating with a 5/03 rather than a 5/02.

Good Luck,

Jeff

You must have restored the 5/03 with the 5/02 program so just make sure the 5/03's node address is the same as the 5/02. It should be in the original program but you'll have to manually change the 5/03 to match what it was; downloading doesn't change the comm port settings IIRC.