Panelview Plus Printing Problem with Colors

brettdawnj

I have searched the board and also the AB boards, but I can't find anything that can resolve my issue.

I am using the print screen set-up on a Panelview Plus 1250 to make hardcopies of the screens and the colors come out completely incorrect upon printing.

The only printer I have access to is a Ricoh Aficic MP C4500 PCL 6 printer. When I have a black background screen, it prints in a bright blue. Pink turns bright yellow. Blue turns bright red, and so on. This makes the screen dumps look terrible and difficult to read.

I suspect my issue might be printer driver related, but there is no where that I can see on how to get the right one installed on this machine.

Any advice on what I maybe missing? Or how to correct this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or assistance.

Brett

You could do what I do, use a screen capture program and save them to jpegs. Then you could us any of available paint-style program out there to print the real colors.

Yes, I do use JPEG's and screen prints off my computer to make manuals and such. But, in this application, my customer is requesting that I make screen prints off of the panelview directly as AB has this as a feature on their Panelview Plus monitors.

Sad thing is that when I print them, they look worse than ****... and this doesn't make them smile. They also don't see why they would need to go out an buy another printer when this expensive one fits all their needs.

Brett

I have already searched the AB knowledge base with no luck. As for the AB reps I have had luck with these technical issues. In fact the local AB house doesn't currently have anyone currently in this type of position... but I have had great luck with the expertise on this forum. So I am giving it try here.

I was able to find an old printer here to verify that the panelview plus would screen print the proper colors on some printers. I found an old network color HP Inkjet printer, and found that it prints with the right colors. I have tried an older Ricoh Aticio 3235c printer and it also prints the wrong colors.

I am still assuming that the issue is with the print drivers... but I don't know how to install the print drivers into a panelview plus system. Does anyone know of any suggestions? Or if this can actually be done?

Thanks,

Brett

I suspect that the PV+ is using as a default driver what, IIRC, is called HPPCL (Hewlett Packard Printer Control Language). Many non-HP prints used to be able to be placed in a mode that would emulate a HP printer because of its popularity. I would suggest exploring this with the printers that didn't appear to work; its the only thing I can think of right off the cuff.

I suspect you are right with the printer driver. Does anyone know specifically how to add a new driver to a AB Panelview Plus 1250 model? If it was the CE version, I think I could handle this, but with it being a "skinny version" of CE and not having the windows type interface, I am struggling on how to load a driver into this box. Any suggestions?

Brett