SLC 5/02 Fault A "stuck" runtime error

jdb

I have a SLC 5/02 PLC in my office that I use to play around with
(beginner)I have been useing this PLC for some time, Im using the 1747-UIC converter, today I was hooked up and doing a few things and got called away for about 1 hour, came back and my laptop had lost communciation with the processor, when I tried to go back online I could not,I checked rslinx and I could see the UIC and the 5/02
tried to go online and there was no communication, I shut down my lap top and rebooted, tried communication again and the processor was faulted out, I was able to regain communication,but the program was gone from the processor, I had to do a download, I checked the fault and it says
A :stuck: runtime error is detected on I/O module, exact slot cannot be determinded, when I clear the fault the processor goes back to remote program, try to put into run and the fault comes back, can anyone tell me how I can solve this problem
Thank you

When I have seen that fault, it was usually caused by a faulty module or bad backplane connection. You can try reseating all the cards (power down the rack first). If the fault returns, it may point to a specific slot next time. Sometimes a faulty card/slot is mis-reported as an adjacent one, or the SLC may be unable to determine the slot number, at which time, you have to try to eliminate your suspects one at a time. Most likely, though, a bad card is the root cause of you problem, rarely it is the backplane itself.

Remove all modules. Clear the processors memory. Then create a new program without any modules, download to the processor. Then add a module one at a time until you get to the bad one.

Thanks for the replys, I powered down and removed and reseated all cards, power up and went on line with no problems and the fault is not coming back when I go to run, strange why it lost the progam before it faulted out, I did notice that card 2 seemed like it was a little higher in the slot then the others, I did make a change to slot 2 just last week, Hummm, this could be it

thanks again