CompactLogix and FT Alarms

rleon

Hi:

I was seeing the manual of FT Alarms&Events and indicates that CompactLogix firmware version 16.20 and higher is compatible with FT Alarms.

I have a L32E CPU and upgraded the firmware to version 16.3 But in FTView send me a message "Connection to controller <RSlinx Shortcut Name> has been lost." in my Alarm and Event Summary (but I see the controller in the shorcut and the tags in my displays, in fact, I can start and stop motors from that processor), the message is only from the alarm server.

Anmy idea that I can do?Another firmware?

Thanks

I am using FTView SE with a client/server connection. The message appears in the Studio and in the client alarm summary.

From the built-in web page of the CompactLogix Ethernet port or using the Logix 5000 Task Monitor, measure how many CIP connections your controller is handling.

This is only a guess, but because FT Alarms & Events uses a separate CIP connection for the alarm subscription, your controller might have too many combined FactoryTalk and I/O connections on the communication port.