HMI to MicroLogix 1500

I would like to know if there is a way to change timer times with a HMI using a AB MicroLogix 1500? We are using a press to shape product where 2 dies come together and a ram pushes foreward. The amount of time press stays closed and ram pushes forward depends on the product we are running. We change the amount of time with lap top to get the best product. I am looking for a way for operators to change time themself as needed. Thank you for your help in advance.

Yes. What brand of HMI do you have?
Have the HMI write to an integer then move that integers value to the timer preset. Also might be a good idea to check for limits before the move takes place.

Do you have an HMI connected now?

One time I had a machine, with no HMI, but the operator sometimes needed a little bit of extra time.
If they pushed the cycle button again while it was running, it gave them 5 extra seconds, another push 10,...15,...20 and then it would roll back to 0 extra seconds.
George,

Thank you

Thank you all for your help. I am just looking for ideas to speed up our production lines. Some advice on the best HMI for this aplication would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Do a MOV command

Move time value to T4:23.PRE

I'm using T4:23 as an example. So, Move a value (72 for example) to T4:23.PRE which is the Preset for T4:23 timer.

Or you can move a variable instead of a constant.

Hope that helps