Could someone be so kind as to help me with this basic...

BigBadTex

ladder logic programming code that will accomplish the following:

note: we assume that all the switches are Normally Open, momentary switches.

1. After pressing the start button (R000.2) the program will begin scanning.

2. If during a scan, switch 1 is pressed (R000.0), a green LED (R015.0) and motor #1 (R015.1) will turn on.

3. If during a scan, switch 2 is pressed (R000.1) but switch 2 is not pressed, a red LED (R015.2) will turn on and motor #2 (R015.3will turn on.

4 If during a scan both switch 1 and 2 are pressed, turn both the Red and Green LED's on, but turn off the two motors.

5. The cycle should be self sustaining until the STOP button (R000.3)is pressed.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I know that a code like this is very simple to someone with even the smallest amount of PLC/Ladder logic knowledge. I however, lack any such knowledge. I can be emailed directly at [email protected] if you so desire. Thanks in advance.

Your "we assume that all switches..." gave you away

BigBadTex said:
...switch 2 is pressed (R000.1) but switch 2 is not pressed...

Huh?... :confused:

Hint, we don't do people's homework 'round here. We'll be glad to H-E-L-P, but that requires some E-F-F-O-R-T on your part... (n)

By the way, please explain to your instructor that PLCs start scanning when powered up. They don't sit around twiddling their bits waiting for an input.

beerchug

-Eric

P.S. We also prefer to keep discussions on the forum, so don't expect to get swamped with answers via e-mail... :rolleyes: