someone show me parameters in these .pbf files?

fawcetteng

Long story short lost our parameter setup for an indradrive m. I have these files saved as backups but dont know how to open them. Can someone do this for me and show me the parameters? It seems I dont have permission to upload files here. I could email them to someone?

This site only allows I think 256kb if non supporting members, also only certain types of file extension are supported so zip them up individually then post them

Thank you for the suggestion. Zipped files attached. The first two with German sounding names are the .pbf files. The second two "retain" files are .rbf, which I'm not familiar with. These were zipped with 7-Zip so were originally .7z extensions, not .zip, if you have trouble unzipping them, but i dont think this matters.

Last edited:
Just tried to unzip them & they all say invalid zip file ? not sure why
however, I cannot help you as I do not have the software to read those files but perhaps someone hear has it.

I have tried opened both your .PBF files in IndraWorks, unfortunately both open empty.

Are you sure these files are not corrupted?

1.jpg

From what I just read online, both these files should live on the MMC.

Could it be that these files are encrypted versions? Rather than a version that is read live out of the drive via IndraWorks?

I can try copying this onto my Indradrive later and reading them back out.

thank you for trying! I dont know that they arent corrupted as they are from 2018, before I was working on this equipment. Here are two backups supposedly from when the machine was commissioned in 2015. Could you try those?

Looking at the manuals online, I am 99% sure these files can only be read into the drive via the MMC (your OEM has probably supplied these for disaster recovery only).

If you can go online with the drive with the MMC inserted and drive booted- you should be able to export .PAR and .PRJ files (parameter and project file).

Assuming you cant do this- the card may need to go into another drive.

I have an indradrive I can try this on, however it will be a few days until I can do this.

Regards
Daniel

The second ones you posted I can unzip them but they are some kind of DB file so even if the IDE can open & convert them I do not have the software.

The second ones you posted I can unzip them but they are some kind of DB file so even if the IDE can open & convert them I do not have the software.

Hi fawcetteng

Having just checked my Indradrive MMC, I can confirm my information above regarding the .PBF and .RBF is correct. They can only be read internally by the drive itself.

All 4 files need to be placed in the E:\Parameter Folder (where E is the drive letter of your MMC).

When I attempt to open one of my .PBF files directly at IndraWorks- I get the same blank screen.

EDIT: I just tried to boot your 4 files in my IndraDrive having booted successfully with my files, unfortunately it does not complete the bootblock and ends with "MMC not correct", however I have a different model to you so this is likely the reason. You should in theory just be able to copy your files onto an MMC in a new IndraDrive and it will boot and work correctly.

Let me know if you want a disk image of my MMC.

Regards
Daniel

3.JPG

Last edited:
trying to follow your advice, here is what I have tried-

Our MMC has been living in the drive, I'm not sure if that is correct or not. So i copied the files on it for safe keeping, then wiped it clean and copied over my backup parameter folder. Ended up having to copy over my backup boot file which was in a plc folder also for the drive to be happy. It boots up and seems to be in an as delivered default state. Everything is in metric (which we dont run in), most parameters are 1 or 10 or some default looking value.

Question - does the drive write values to the MMC? Or only read them at boot up?