Citect HMI - Bad raw data type

IainH

I am using Citect HMI and a WAGO PLC (750-842) communicating using MODNET (MODBUS over TCP/IP) and have the following problem:

I can successfully define DIGITAL tags mapped to the internal memory of the PLC which starts at MODBUS address 12289.

However, I now need to pass BYTE and/or INTEGER data and have been unable to do this other than by creating a bitmap of tags and declaring the address range in the PLC as BYTE or WORD as required.

Whenever I try defining a BYTE or INTEGER tag mapped to the PLC, the compilation fails with the error message: "Bad raw data type". :confused:

Any suggestions?

Iain

According to the modnet driver the only data types you can have are the following, thats why you are getting bad data type as it does not allow it:

Data Types

Address Format

CitectSCADAVijeo Citect Data Type

DIGITAL

Output Coils

000001 to 65536

DIGITAL (Note: Leading zero is required.)

Input Status

100001 to 65536

DIGITAL (Read Only)

INTEGER

Input Registers

300001 to 65536

INT / LONG / STRING / REAL (Read Only)

Output Registers

400001 to 65536

INT / LONG / STRING / REAL

EXTENDED REGISTERS

(6xxxxx range)

Ef:[r.b]

where:

f = file no. (1 - 65536)

r = register no. (0 - 65536)

b = bit no. (1 - 16)

Thanks! :geek:

At first I was confused by the apparent address range from 6 digits to 5 (400001 to 65536) but when I put that together with the note regarding the leading zero and assumed that the 4 was also a leading character, giving a range of 400001 to 465536, it all worked fine.

Iain