s7-315 2dp+cp 343-1 with wizcon problem

dardary

:oops:hello
i have app. 2 cpu 315 2dp with cp 343-1.
that are soft redundent.
the scada hmi i am using is wizcon.
the hmi have driver to the cpu's
and on the pc's i have opc server 2007 simatic net.

the communication to hmi from plc is slow , and when i try to look on line in the plc, the communication disapre.
i bulid block in the hmi.

i need help for solving this problem

thanks
eli

How is the software redundancy established ? Via MPI ?
If so, then you have everything working on the same MPI network at 187.5k which isnt terribly fast. This because the CP343-1 modules connect to the CPU via the MPI backplane. I believe the software recundancy is relatively heavy on the MPI net, so that could account for the slow performance.

Are the DP ports utilised ?
Can you connect Wizcon via DP ?
Or can the redundancy link go via DP ? (I dont know that much about the software redundancy).
You can probably go online via

Hello guys,
Dardary,
your last post says that you are using redundant I/O. Are you using two redundant IM153 in each remote rack or are you using duplicated I/O in a rack with a single IM153. It has been a while since i have used software redundancy but it works well once you have it setup properly. Data can be transfered via MPI, Profibus or Ethernet but all of the passed data has to be in a contiguous data block. When you use the OPC server from Siemens you will have to contend with two sets of tags in the HMI and be able to tell which PLC is the controlling Master. I believe that this is correct but i will check and get back with you. Also is the communication the the HMI, Programming, and passing of data between both CPU's over one network?

One quick question: How are you handling redundant communications to the HMI? Are you having to work with two sets of tags, One from the Master and the other from the slave?

Last edited:
Hello guys,
Dardary,
your last post says that you are using redundant I/O. Are you using two redundant IM153 in each remote rack or are you using duplicated I/O in a rack with a single IM153. It has been a while since i have used software redundancy but it works well once you have it setup properly. Data can be transfered via MPI, Profibus or Ethernet but all of the passed data has to be in a contiguous data block. When you use the OPC server from Siemens you will have to contend with two sets of tags in the HMI and be able to tell which PLC is the controlling Master. I believe that this is correct but i will check and get back with you. Also is the communication the the HMI, Programming, and passing of data between both CPU's over one network?

One quick question: How are you handling redundant communications to the HMI? Are you having to work with two sets of tags, One from the Master and the other from the slave?
i am using redundant communications to the HMI
and using 2 im153

in the same rack

Dardary,
Two things to check to increase the comm speed. One would be the speed of the mpi port. you should be able to increase the speed to 12mb if your hmi adapter will support that. What hmi adapter are you using, and what speed do you have the mpi network set to? To increase the speed go to the hardware config and double on the MPI port. there you will see properties MPI type. Click on the properties in this box and and then properties of the MPI network. there you will find the speed of the network. Increase the speed until you have a fast enough communications. You will also need to change the speed of the communications to the HMI adapter to accomodate the new speed of the network.
Next look at the data you are passing between processors. Make sure that the date you are passing is all in a contiguous data block and not scattered throughout the data block. Also make sure that the data you pass is only the data that you need. if the hmi adapter you are using is the one i think it is is only talks at 187Kbaud. You might look into another comm cable. If you need suggesitons on this i can help you with it.

good luck. 🍻