PDA

View Full Version : LogixPro Silo Exercise

chokdee
December 28th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Hello

This is my first post on here so let me introduce myself. My name is Davie and I have just started learning (since yesterday) Allen Bradley ladder logic using the LogixPro simulator. i was hoping this is the right place to get some help and advice so here goes.

I have attached a PDF with my version of the Silo student exercise. It works fine but was wondering if you guys could give any tips or pointers as to ways I could improve it, OR, is this good enough.

Thanks and regards

Davie;)

gmferg
December 28th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Your program looks pretty good. It would help us if you could provide a sketch of the silo showing where level sensor is, valve, prox, and motor. Also, include a description of the different inputs and outputs. For example, what is the prox used for? From your code, I would guess the valve fills the silo, the motor empties silo, level sensor is high level and prox is low level.

mapizarro
December 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Include the scope of the project, for example:
How many silos?
What fill the silos?
What empty/calls to empty a silo
Do the silos are scaned in automatic or empty in manual mode?

Alan Case
December 28th, 2008, 04:36 PM
A few suggestions.
Document the rung comments a bit better, ie write down what you are trying to achieve.
You could simplify it a lot. Swap the B3:0/0 in the first rung for the stop button then delete the last 2 rungs of the program.
I assume the run lamp should only be on when the motor is running so parallel O:2/2 with O:2/0 in ring 1.

Regards Alan Case