Panelview Plus 1500 Troubles

jschapansky

A couple weeks ago I replaced a PV+ 1500. The diagnoses was that the other one had somehow lost the program and I was told to replace it with a new one that I had programmed. So now im playing with the removed one. When I start it up it goes through the startup. it says checking system and starting but then it just goes to a blank screen. I tried pressing default and reset to start it in safe mode and it does the exact same thing. I know its IP, and can ping it if I have it hooked up to my switch. i tried to connect with the firmware wizard in View. It wont connect. If it matters at all I also noticed that after a long while.. maybe an hour or so of inactivity, the screen saver pops up which is a AB symbol and there is an arrow which i can move around with the touch screen. I cant get that to go away though. Any ideas how to un-brick-ify this bad boy?? Thanks!

The basic functions of the TCP/IP stack, like PING, and the screen saver and pointer are part of the Windows CE operating system, so you know that's working, at least in a minimal way.

But the Firmware Wizard and RSLinx (Enterprise or Classic) browsing requires that the onboard RSLinx Enterprise subsystem is running, so evidently that's not working.

Without access to a configuration screen or the FTView/RSLinx software runtimes, the ordinary tools won't do the trick.

Your first try should be to run the Firmware Update Wizard and create a CompactFlash card with the update package on it. Reboot with this card installed and see if the OS fires it off and reinstalls Machine Edition.

Officially, the way to fix this terminal is to buy a replacement 2711P-RW1 or -RW2 card with a fresh copy of the OS and runtime licenses on it. Make certain you get the right Series Letter to be compatible with your hardware.

Unofficially... wait, I can't do unofficial stuff anymore. Dangit.

ok so I sent out an order for a new 2711p and I recieved a new one which is series J. The original one I had was series F... so Im guessing the new one is the wrong one and wont work? When the PV boots up it just goes straight to a solid fault light now. The screen never shows anything.