Simatic TD17 veteran...

biomorf

Hello everybody,

I need some advice.

I have the "pleasure" to make service on one old machine with Simatic CPU 315 (old one with battery) and with magic text display TD17.

This machine is working more then 10years with small problems only, but now everithing change :)

TD17 start to signal the system message: PLC address not exists...

So i first look inside the PLC if it has the correct address. It was OK.
Then I tried to check the connectors and the cables with new ones, but it was the same.
Then i tried to download new configuration to the panel. Nothing change.
So i tried to change address in PLC and in TP to some other. Still the same.
So finaly i take the cabel and connect it to differnt panel (there four of them) and everthing works. So the PLC and the cables are OK.

I suppose that TD17 comm. port is "dead". But maybe it is somthing different and somebody knows what to do :)

Please help me if you can :)