Siemens HMI MP370 data loss

Hello,
I am having a problem with a Siemens mp370 HMI.

It runs well until the machine is down for a hour, or the power is switched off, then all the set points we've set in the machine are lost and have to be put in again.

for example there is an encoder and the machine rotation is measured 0 - 360 degrees.
I want a valve to turn on at 100 to 180 degrees. After a power off this will be lost and the data will have to be put in again.

If we power the machine OFF all the set points are lost.

Is there a setting to retain the set points? Am i losing the Encoder data and this is effecting the set points?

any ideas?

Hmm

Isn't this problem on the PLC side ?? All data you give, is this data stored in DB's ? What CPU is connected ?, if it's a recent one, then all DB's are retentive, then only the program can be responsable.

Hello,
I am having a problem with a Siemens mp370 HMI.

It runs well until the machine is down for a hour, or the power is switched off, then all the set points we've set in the machine are lost and have to be put in again.

for example there is an encoder and the machine rotation is measured 0 - 360 degrees.
I want a valve to turn on at 100 to 180 degrees. After a power off this will be lost and the data will have to be put in again.

If we power the machine OFF all the set points are lost.

Is there a setting to retain the set points? Am i losing the Encoder data and this is effecting the set points?

any ideas?

1. The Data input is sent to MD's. These are read by the PLC.
The input is from the MPI. The PLC does not write these to the HMI.

If is all goes wrong I'll input the data to the PLC in the PLC using move instruction......This will mean that the data cannot be adjusted from the HMI which rather defeats the purpose.

2. The PLC is a S7 300 317-2EK13-OABO

Hi

I think the MD's are not in a retentive area. You can make them retentive in de Hardware Configuration, or you change the program. DB's allways retentive the M area depends on what's made retentive in the Hardware.

1. The Data input is sent to MD's. These are read by the PLC.
The input is from the MPI. The PLC does not write these to the HMI.

If is all goes wrong I'll input the data to the PLC in the PLC using move instruction......This will mean that the data cannot be adjusted from the HMI which rather defeats the purpose.

2. The PLC is a S7 300 317-2EK13-OABO

In the other machines, we dont have this problem.....
I have looked and there are different hardware configs for retentive memory.
looks like this is the problem.

thanks