Multiple DNP Master communication with RTU

geminihassan

does Telvent RTU model SAGE2200 supports more than one master(SCADA) for DNP Protocol.I tried to communicate with a RTU and whenever the communication established with opc server it gives the connection of existing scada lost and when i close the opc server,the connection of existing scada restored.Can anyone help me out to use more than one master for Telvent RTU SAGE2200).

Thanks.

Regards,
Hassan Tariq

I have used many OPC Server like Matrikon,Imperious SSE,IOServer and also tried to use kepware but could not use it because when i configure it i could not see any data is being polled from RTU.The second thing is it is DNP Ethernet connection.

Another thing whenever the OPC Server establish the connection it also gives the message "remote connection closed".And the connection of existing scada scada lost.

Regards,
Hassan Tariq
Senys Inc.
www.sensys.com

That tells me that the Telvant is only allowing one connection at a time to it. We see this sometimes when Ethernet capabilities are added to a device by marying an Serial to Ethernet converter to the Serial board.

This is straight forward ethernet no conversion.I was wondering if there is any hardware/device is available which will act as a bridge between RTUs and two masters.

Regards,
Hassan Tariq
Sensys Inc.
www.sensys.com

As luck would have it I have just seen that Control Microsystems has this type of ability in their SCADA Pack. it is worth checking out. I suspect that the problem you are running into with the multiple connections is because of the Class 1, 2, and 3 event processing in the DNP device. The device has to have the ability to send those events, unsolicited, on multiple connections. Any here is the link to the product data sheet just mentioned.

http://controlmicrosystems.com/media/product-literature/software/dnp/DNP3_DataSheet_V013.pdf

Thank you so much fred for your help and support.The problem solved by configuring another TCP port for the OPC Server.

Regards,
Hassan Tariq