help connecting to S7 CPU via MPI

katratzi

We have an S7 313C CPU that was gathering dust on the shelf, so
I decided to put it to good use as a training/demo PLC. I powered it up, installed a new mmc card and....... nothing. I cannot get
connected through the MPI port.

There are no error lights only the power and 5volt lights are on, and they are both green. I have performed a memory reset per
the manual, checked baud rates, checked MPI addresses.

I can change the processor from RUN to STOP by the switch on the front panel, but that is about all that I can do. The error
message that Simatic manager shows is:

" 33:16944 Online: Cannot find active partner. "

Or something very similar to the above phrase. I am sure the
numeric error code is correct.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can try next??

Have you tried it without the card? maybe the card has something on it?? just a guess

Hi. yes, I tried it first without the MMC card, but when that did not work, I was told by
local distributor that the card was necessary for cpu to begin operation.

I am wondering that maybe something is wrong with this processor,
but no warning or fault lights and no communication, how do I find out the problem?

(this is a new mmc card)

Last edited:
Follow the memory reset procedure using the switch on the front.
I have had the same problem with new units, once I reset the CPU using the switch- I was then able to see MPI address 2 using accessible nodes

For everyone hanging on the edge of their seat, it was a bad
MPI port on the processor. :)