Retreiving read length when using SFC59 in step7

I am using SFC 59 to read data using DPV1 from a PROFIBUS slave to a PLC.

My problem is the length, I know the RET_VAL holds error code or read length depending on if any error occurs and the length of the record where the read value should be placed. My problem is when to sample the output to retreive the actual transferred length? In my block, a PROFIBUS slave is read several time, and I am sure the data doesn't change at any time, but still I get different lengths.

Should I read the RET_VAL just when the BUSY signal transists from 1 to 0, just when it has reached 0? Does anybody know?

Similar Topics

I was told by one of my OEMs that you can take a PanelView Plus 6 and use to as a master Panelview. This panelview would have the capability to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Another question about Beckhoff, I am in the builing automation industry, an i program a lot of Cx9000s i back up regualarly but i had a...
Replies
Views
W
Does anyone know of a software package that can be used to scan through all possible Modbus addresses and retreive the address of the device...
Replies
Views
wtrex
W
Hi, The hardware is: Click Plc model # CO-O1DD1-O HMI model # S3ML-R magnetic-inductive flow meter model # FMM100-1001. I will set the flow meter...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to use the FAL instruction to do +=2 instead of +=1? I have an array that is organized with alternating "data" and "flag" values...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom