DeviceNet - No Transmission Connection?

TheStarr

I installed a V600-HAM42-DRT Omron RFID tag reader onto a system that already has three other readers installed. For some reason I get a "no transmission connection" error (binking NS light on front of reader).

I 'commisioned' the node in RSNetworx and everything looks fine. No DeviceNet errors, it shows up in the device list, and I can check it's properties which all look identical to the others. Just got that binking green light!

To make sure it was not the wiring, I swapped node numbers with one of the working units and the problem moved also. (the new unit works fine using one of the old unit's node number) So I know it is nothing physical and it is not an EDS file problem.

I was the one that originally installed the other three units last year and they went smooth. I must be forgetting something.

Any ideas?

Update: Still not working, but I did find that the new node was listed under "Slaves without Masters" on the Master/Slave Configuration tab in RSNetworx. I attached it to the same scanner module as the rest, but still no go. So maybe this means something??? (also tried deleting it, re-browsing to let it find it, then re-commissioning, then a power cycle, but nothing)

Last edited:
Slave without master means that the device is not listed inside the scanner (master). Have you change to program and write down everything inside the PLC ?? Have you check your map, I mean, have you check memory location inside your scanner.

That was it!! I knew I forgot something, I forgot to map the I/O in the scanner.

As soon as I opened the properties on the scanner it all came back to me.

Thanks a million!! Your a life saver.