4-20mA -----> Web Visualisation

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have 8 4-20mA signals that i wish to cheaply visualise on a webpage. (Tank Farm)

Considered Wago unit, open to suggestions

Hi, thanks for reply
I wish to display crude tank block diagrams with tank id and bar chart levels on each. I just found out tht we have lineristion table for each tank with approx 50 positions so some kind of 'select case' or 'if' statment would be needed.

The solution i have identified using Wago IPC and analog inputs is reasonable but was wondering what 'cheap and dirty' solutions were out there

I don't how it would compare to the WAGO system, but a Red Lion Modular Controller with a Analog Input card would be very easy to make this happen. Software is FREE, and the Webpage is an easy as building the virtual HMI screen. For lowest costs you could use the model CSMSTRSX which has the 320x240 webpage size, or step up to the CSMSTRGT model which has the 640x480 webpage. That is all I am doing in this example application. Heck I bet Red Lion would even through in a Data Logger for giggles.... You know you are going to want to do that someday.

Joe_WaZoo

wago is fine for this.
use one analog voltage card it costs 150 euro around.
use some small relays also wago costing each 10 euro (foot plus relay.
switch on relay 1 and check the voltage running from 2 to 10 volts when using a 1 watt resistor of 500 ohms.
with the input go to a tanktable and check the height to volume.
display can be done or on a standard PC with webvisualisation or with an ipc on a simple monitor attached to the IPC.
another way is to use the 4 input 4-20 mA card also cheap, for 8 inputs this will be easier and easier to wire.
you can use the 24 volt of the psu unit. As cables are very long i would use suppressors in the line to prevent damage from lihgtning etc.
more is available when you ask for.