TiSoft I/O error

fuzzytek

My first time to diagnos a Siemens PLC and happens to be a PC driven TI505. The machine was powered down to replace a couple of relays. When the machine was powered back up, tisoft
gives an I/O error- too many points. The rack is an 8 slot setup with a cp525. Slot 1 is a 32 point input card. Slot 2 and 3 are occupied with a 32 point 110vac output card. Slot 4 has a 32 point 24vac output card and slot 5 has an 8 point output card. How should the config I/O page read?

Hello

Is it a Texas instruments PLC or a Siemens S5 PLC?
CP525 sounds like it ia a Siemens S5 PLC.

If it is a Texas Instruments PLC and before the power down everything worked ok and after repowering nothing changed I would first try to rewrite te configuration to the PLC.

Regards
Henny

When rewriting to the plc is when I get the error. The cp525 is only a communication interface between the tisoft program on a 286Mhz pc and the siemens rack. It has TI software running on DOS 6.2. I'm wondering if the PC wasn't shut down correctly maybe the program file got corrupted. I can load the ladder by itself (aux function 91) without problem. If I do an aux function 90(load everything) I get the I/O config error-too many points. I read some else on this site that if an input and an output have the same numerical value that would cause a duplicate point and possibly give me this error, however I don't know enough about programming to find out. I typically do the electrical side of troubleshooting on CNC machining centers with the plc being ok. This is my first time with this level of a problem and being an automated assembly line.

Hello

What kind of TI CPU is it, an old 530,565 of the newer 545 or 555?
Is the I/O located (applies only when you have a 555 or 545) in the local base or in a remote base?
Before the problem started you didn’t do anything with the PC so I think it’s not a problem of the PC, it seems to me that the problem is more related to the CPU or the RBC controller(in case of a remote base).
Is the PLC in RUN mode or in Programm mode now?
In case of an RBC does the display show a figure other than zero?

The I/O configuration was good before the power down so I expect that the correct configuration is also available in Tisoft on your PC.

Communication between the PC that runs Tisoft and the PLC seems to be OK because you can do online operations on the PLC.

Regards
Henny

The pc actually run the the rack. It is located in the operator control panel. The pc is a standard NEC 286Mhz unit with a couple of serial ports. One the ports has a cable running directly into the cp525. The pc gets it power from the main cabinet. I was concerned if they powered down the main cabinet with out exiting tisoft on the pc. Everything is controlled from the tisoft. The rack is populated as stated in the first post, with the exception that I didn't mention the ti505 power supply.

Hello

I never knew that TI had some kind of soft plc in their package?
I always thought that Tisoft was the dos based software to program the TI plc,s.
So when I understand you correctly then on your PC tisoft is running and some software that emulates a TI cpu?
When searching on the web for a CP525 you only will find that this is a communication processor for use with S5 plc,s but I can’t find anything about the CP525 in combination with TI.

You mention that you can download your programming using the aux90 function in tisoft.
Can you also do a read base so that you can see what kind of I/O tisoft reads in the base and check if it matches with the I/O that is installed in the Rack.
Don,t mind the start address numbers because tisoft shows in every slot 001 as start address but in this way you can see the modules with the number of I/O points installed.

Regards
Henny

TiSoft does correctly show 32 point input in slot one, 32 point output module in slot 2 and 4(first 32 output card takes 2 slots) and an 8 point outpu in slot 5. As you said the addressing starts at 1, 33,blank,65, and 97. Thanks for the help so far.

Have a look at the offline configuration file and it should be the same as the online file but with the correct IO numbering. If it is, you can transfer the IO config file to the PLC and see how that goes. Or "read Base" and type in the adressing directly on line (I think)