Trying to download to PV+ with Factory Talk

tadams73

I’m new to Panelview Plus and factory Talk View Studio-Machine Edition and on third shift with limited to no support.Im trying to download a file I modified to a panelview plus.I have the original file from the programmer and added a state on the info bar is all I changed. When I go to download it ask for the source file and it will only let me pick an .mer but im working from a .apa file.Thanks.

The PV+ can only recognize the ".mer" file. It cannot recognize the ".apa" file.

The ".apa" is a compressed version of the project. We cannot work directly with the ".apa". Instead this project has to first be restored so that we get the development capability. Now it sounds like you might have already done this if you have made modifications.

So next, before you can download it, you must create a new Runtime file. That file will have a ".mer" extension. In FactoryTalk View Studio open the application and then select Application => Create Runtime Application. This will prompt you to create a new ".mer" file. Make sure you give this a new name and don't overwrite an existing file. Once that is done then you will download that ".mer" to your PV+.

OG