RSVIEW32 Recipe questions

ANyone out there have any ideas on how to do the following??

The save and restore recipe box is designed for a mouse I would like to enlarge this so that the operator doesn't have to pin point the up down arrows.

Is there a way to view the current recipe name on another screen. When I am on the recipe page we see the name in the recipe box, is there a way to see this on the working screen ?? (The operator cannot see or modify the recipe screen during the production run).

Is there a way to 'gray out' a recipe tag, we are discussing the possibility of preventing the operator from changing the gear setting so that he is forced to run with the current setup. I know I have done this with Wonderware and scripting but I do not think this can be done here.

I am aware of derived tags and have done 6 different projects with RSVIEW32, I think we are approaching the fence on this project and unless I start making VB routines I believe I have gone as far as we can with RSVIEW32, not sure here.

I was reviewing the Recipe files *.rcp and I was wondering if it is possible to place some text inside the file. When we 'tagged' the files we use a lot of derived tags (to save on the tag count) so we get a lot of tags such as: Derived5/0, Derived5/1 etc. These are meaningless to the guy who wants to populate the recipe's on a text editor.

Anyone out there with any answers or ideas ??

Thanks for your time

Ron:beerchug:

Not sure I fully understand... but on one of mine the recipe is created then the operators will go to another screen to run the cycle, would this help??

I have issues with allowing the operator modifying the recipe screen.We have a Catep gear box wth 8 position handles, this sets the line speed. In the recipe we want the operator to follow the recipe hence we need to grey out the possibility of the operator changing predicted positions since if the gear recipe matches the actual then the speed is optimized, some of the operators are lazy and leave the gear setting in the previous job. This could be slower than the optimized speed for that particular product. We also would like to verify the recipe name on our working screen. At this point iam more than willing to review and see if anything is better than what i have written.

Ron

I haven't done it but I think you could setup security to limit access to the recipe functions and have an alternative page where operators can view the settings.

I find the recipe manager in RSView32 awkward to use and have abandoned it in favour of text files and some VB. One thing that was particularly limiting in my last project was that I needed two recipe systems in one SCADA (for different parts of the production line) which, apparently, RSView32 can't do.

Nick

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to show the Recipe name that the operator is running on other screens, I am not sure if this is possible. The issue is that the operator is locked out during a production run and we have no way of knowing what the file that the operator is running on. It is a name that is stored in Windows and ends with .RCP I am not caring for the extension I just want the name.

As for the locking out of individual tags within recipe file any ideas even some VBA code would be helpful.

Anyone

The easiest way around your problem is to add a String field to your recipe called "Description" and link this to a memory tag. When a recipe is loaded the "Description" will be available as a tag to display elsewhere. The alternative would be to not use the built in recipe handler and write your own using VB.

Nick

I guess I am pushing the envelope.

Anyway I have found a way to prevent the operator from saving recipe's. I was not using the sign in with passwords. I have no security value for any screens. By adding a second user, one being default and the other being "god" and by removing all restrictions from the default user, the Recipe "save" icon is will be 'grayed out' while the "god" user will be allowed to save recipe's. All you need is a hidden tag away from the Recipe screen to switch between users.

As for the description tag all ready done that. What I want is the actual name from the recipe in this case it is a number / text and it is the actual name saved in Windows IE: 115-345-TTT.rcp I would like to be able to see that field, I know you can enter it twice but since we are using the recipe name why can't it be shown directely, no errors etc.

I'm glad that you've resolved the issue. I agree that it sounds like a simple thing to do but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it either; maybe someone else here knows the answer.

Nick