1784-PCMK/B adapter for express card slot

yam785

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to help out a company who purchased a new laptop for troubleshooting. Upon checking out the laptop, we found it has the 'express card' type pcmia slot.

My question is, is there any adapters on the market, that you know will work to allow them to use their existing PCMK card in the express type pcmia slot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to help out a company who purchased a new laptop for troubleshooting. Upon checking out the laptop, we found it has the 'express card' type pcmia slot.

My question is, is there any adapters on the market, that you know will work to allow them to use their existing PCMK card in the express type pcmia slot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A quick Google search turned these up and many more.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...=aps&hvadid=3069947009&ref=pd_sl_235kij4b8q_b

http://www.psism.com/duel_adapter.htm

Last edited:
I would advise your customer to get a 1784-U2DHP ( USB to Data Highway Plus converter). Its available but a little expensive. If the laptop came with Vista, the PCMK won't be supported anyway and I'm not sure if Windows 7 will work with it either.