How to read Omron RFID V600 in OMron DM???

sttchui

Hi,

I having problem to read from Omron RFID linking to my port no.1 of SCU-21 unit. I have gone through the manual, all i understand i using protocal macro to link with the RFID, but i cannnot can get any response from the unit. I try Using Test on the RDIF, it seem working as it should. i think my problem is the programming.
I only can see the SCU21 indication when i on the PMCR instruction
RUN-Always On
RDY-Always On
SD1-Blinking
RD1-OFF

On V600
RUN-Always On
COM- OFF

COM1-OFF
Norm-OFF

My hardware
CJ1M-CPU12
SCU21-V1

RFID
V600-CA5D02
V600-H07

The hardware dip switch is set according to the parameter in PLC IO Setting

i suppose my program will write in DM2020 & read from DM2050 when my PMCR active

I cant seem getting any read out from DM2050 when an ID tag touch my V600-h07 which is link to my V600-CA5D02

Do i need to active a bit inside??? i try using the external trigger also there is no response!!

Is there any setting i left out???

Please help!

Thank you!

Regards,

sttchui

Macro.jpg Parameter.jpg PLC IO.jpg PMCR.jpg

Is there communication happening, are the port activity lights actually working?

Are you calling the correct sequence in the CX-Protocol file? Are the CX-Protocol files in the SCU?

It may be better to post actual files as well, then we can better help and see what is happening, and if the setups are correct.

Omron RFID V600

Hi LostControl

The program in step 318 using SCU21-V1 com. port no.1, i wanted to read from Dm2050 , i can only see the send light is turn on but not the receive light.

I still not sure how the PMCR really work or the protocol macro work, Any help or example will really help me this. i test the RFID in Test model where it can read the ID from any tag is giiven. bt i still dont know how to tranfer this string of data into the PLC.

thank you

Regards,

sttchui

To simplify your protocol macro program define which elements never change and which do. See example sequences 19 TX_BJ1GA and 20 TX_BJ1GX from you program.

"I still not sure how the PMCR really work or the protocol macro work, Any help or example will really help me this. i test the RFID in Test model where it can read the ID from any tag is giiven. bt i still dont know how to tranfer this string of data into the PLC."

You do not have any Receive messages defined in your protocol macros. You need to define a RX message with D2050 as the write destination.

Since the PLC program you attached does not contain any PMCR instructions it is impossible to figure out whether you your application works. By the way it also does not have ONE comment or SYMBOL. Very poor programming and impossible for anyone but YOU to understand.

Last edited:
Hello Bits & Bytes

sorry i left out the symbol & comment when i upload the program, i hvae attached the full program here, anyway thank for your tips & help , i will try out the example you gave me later.

anyway i still not sure how do you define the string in he cx protocol, as i gone trough the manual, it mention all about header , data , end code, in the end i got confuse as what how i suppose to define my string. Does Omron have other manual that explain moreabout thei protocol macro & so i can practice more on it??

Regards

sttchui