Bug Report - Hitachi VFD SJ300-022HFU

keithkyll

Bug - Digital input selecting motor 2 parameters acts as a 1-shot signal. (Intelligent input - function 08). After stopping by turning off FWD or REV, the controller reverts back to motor 1 parameters, but the Motor 2 input is still active! Every time you stop, you must also cycle the Motor 2 input again. I called tech support, and they verified it works this way. I asked him to report the issue - not sure if they are going to fix it.

I recently installed a Hitachi SJ300-022HFU. 400V, 2.2KW drive. New kid on the block. Has all the features. You can have up to 3 motor profiles. My application shares the drive for 2 motors. 2.2KW, and .25KW. Two contactors. Replacing a Nord that died.
During setup, I had motor 1, the big motor, limited to 25 Hz. While running motor 2, I couldn't understand why it ran normal the first time, then slow after that. Monitored speed, and noticed it was using motor 1 parameters after the first run.
I'm stuck with original machine hardware. Fortunately, it always uses each motor once during operation, so this problem only occurs during manual moves in diagnostics.

My first experience with Hitachi. Anyone have opinions on Hitachi's?

Serious bug indeed! Good thing to know, thanks.
I've installed several Hitachi drives over the past 20 years, but never dealt with them on multiple motor applications. Customers requested Siemens or Lenze for those, but that's probably coincidence...

But it doesn't make any sense. What if the 2nd parameter set input comes on a ms later than the FWD or REV input? When/how does the VFD decide to switch to parameter set #2 or to stick with #1? I couldn't find any detailed info yet.

You could get around it by connecting the FWD or REV signal to the parameter set input over an extra relay that's controlled by the actual 2nd parameter set signal. If both FWD and REV are used for the 2nd motor, throw in a pair of diodes.