Simatic C7 300 ->Micromaster 420

NoName

Hello.
I have a Simatic 300 station at home and an Micromaster 420 inverter.I have connected them both via Profibus.And now i want to make a program in Step 7 so that the inverter will spin the 3 Phase AC motor when specific demands are met.
PS:profibus connection works.

Hi..

1.- You have to coneting the PLC "C7-300" and the driver Micromaster 420 in the HW via profibus.. check if you have the properly .GSD

2.- Then you need to check the status word in the manual of Micromaster.. then you need to use it like peripheria in the program of S7.. For example:

// PLC-->Micromaster look in the HW the address

L MB 480 // start stop
T PAB 304 // BYTE start input
L MB 481
T PAB 310 // OPERATIVE MODE
L MW 482
T PAW 313 // FRECUENCY

// Micromaster --> PLC

L PEW 304 // Status WORD (See MANUAL)
T MW 484

BE

I hope this help

To help you along:

sending the value 47E as the control word 1 is to stop the drive and 47F is to set the drive to run.

Some good info was posted a while back. Search this site for micromaster 420 or mm420.

BTW, is the green light flashing on your MM420 profibus module. Just curious.

Do you posibly have a sample project so that i'll be able to try it. Beacouse that doesn't make much sence to me.But i'll keep studying it anyway's.
If you have please send it to [email protected]

Tnx.

I'll send you one as soon as I can. I have to pull one from my laptop.

I assume that you have the following

Step 7 v5.2 with NCM

Starter v3.x or Drive ES

If you don't have starter, you must get it. It will be a HUGE help as far as setting up micromaster 4's.

I've got just one question.Is Starter v3.x a Siemens program?
Beacouse I tried searching for it and didn't find anything.
TNX

Me again.:|

I have downloaded and started Starter and now i have a connection problem.
I have set the profibus addres of the MM420 in Step 7 and when I clikc connect to target system. Then Starter sais "No Device Avalible"

What should I do? My MPI connection is still connected on the Simatic,should I connect it somewhere else or is this a diferent problem?
Thank you.

Most drives you have to goto the parameter table and TELL IT what communication is being used. Check the manual on it, default may be lcd/keypad and/or serial connection. Somewhere in the parameters will be a setting that allows other than serial, maybe MPI, Profibus etc. You will probably have to connect direct at first or use the lcd/keypad (if it has) to change settings.

I've set the parameter P700 to 6,that enables the profibus comunication and it still doesn't work. What I can't understand is,whay doesn't Starer find the drive under Profibus addres 4 which is defined in Simatic Manager. In the HW Config(Simatic Manager)I can preform an online diagnostic and it finds the drive and the status is "avalible and OK"

I'm starting to lose my mind! :)

TNX

Last edited:
DOH. I forgot to tell you that you need a rs232 to rs 485 converter (2 wire) or the special rs232 module that mounts on the front of the drive. Starter needs to write some settings to the drive before you can use Profibus. You need to use USS to begin with and let starter setup the drive. Starter allows you to define what all of the control words and status words do.