opc modbus problem

eng_ehab

Hi all

i'm trying to connect flow computer solarton 7951 via pc I'm using opc server ( motrikon, automated solution opc server and many ,....)

but the main problem here

while the device read 50 bar as a pressure value , the opc server software reads a strange number 1987 for example

how can i fix this problem thanx

did you try polling the register+1 or register-1? what is the format of the register? Integer, floating point?

did you try polling the register+1 or register-1? what is the format of the register? Integer, floating point?

hi mpiotro

thanx

i d't understand what u mean by polling register ! :(

but i tried more than format ( floating,integer,..word) but the value in opc software is different than value in flow computer i d't know why ..?!

any one give me the suit opc for these kind of devices solartron 7951 ?

thanx

It's probably doing something other than the regular 16 bit Modbus addressing. Maybe reading a floating point value? For the MatrikonOPC Modbus Server, see page 87 of the users manual for suffixes to account for these extended register types. All you have to do is enter your tag with a colon and the suffix afterwards.

Eg:
Serialconnection1.serialModbusDevice1.4:1 (regular 16 bit Modbus address)
Serialconnection1.serialModbusDevice1.4:1D (32 bit integer)
Serialconnection1.serialModbusDevice1.4:1:F (32 bit IEEE floating point real)
Serialconnection1.serialModbusDevice1.4:1:S (Swapped bytes)

hi adrielmichaud

if my tag in the flow device is pressure and it's ID:0337

may be i have to try more than format ( float , swapped, ...etc )

so for the last tag could u give me example if i wanna to write this tag in MATRIKON IN FLOAT FORMAT

Depends on what you've named the channel and device within the OPC Server, but it'd go something like this:

yourchannelname.yourdevicename.4:337F (Note that I've omitted the second colon I suggested earlier. After looking further into the manual, I found it wasn't required)

Note that this will only work if the value is actually being stored as a float.

Last edited:
depends on what you've named the channel and device within the opc server, but it'd go something like this:

Yourchannelname.yourdevicename.4:337f (note that i've omitted the second colon i suggested earlier. After looking further into the manual, i found it wasn't required)

note that this will only work if the value is actually being stored as a float.

THANK U VERY MUCH ABOUT YOUR HELP ok i'll try it tomorrow isa :)

Last edited: