OPC server for modbus RTU

Hello,

Well your last post confuses me.

Contact support via the email address on our web site and give a complete description of the hardware configuration. A drawing would be nice.

Greetings,

ModBus is a very common protocol and is therefore available in KepserverEX, Kepware's OPC server product. More information can be viewed through the following links:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepserverex.htm

You can download the Modbus driver manual and KepserverEX software through the following link:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepwaredownloads.htm

The download of KepserverEX is a fully functional version with a two hour run time restriction. Once the server times out, you can restart your application. This is for evaluation purposes. Once you decide to purchase KepserverEX, the run time restriction is removed.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm or email via the link in my signature.

Disclosure - ESI is a Kepware Distributor.

well, it will be not directly connected to "real" serial ports...

modbus device, with rs-232 port, will be connected to transparent gprs modem.

gprs modem will be connected to pc with fixed ip adress.

pc run programm called port redirector, that make virtual com ports...

scada engine will be connected to that virtual com ports. (over the opc)

your architecture seems kind of funny. whats the point of the pc being connected to the modem? most cell modems have some type of tcp encapsulation. I dont understand why you want to run port redirector software. typically you wouldnt use that in a modbus setup.

give us some more info on what you are trying to accomplish and we can give you better help.