Beijer nonvolatile registers & fx1n

DairyBoy

Hi all. I'm using an fx1n (which does not have nonvolatile memory areas), so I'll be using the system registers in the E1063 hmi that's connected to it instead. I haven’t used this facility before, so can someone confirm, or otherwise, that I’ve understood the way in which this works: If I use the registers in the hmi starting from D4096 as my operator variables, then these registers effectively become non-volatile in the plc, as the hmi will write the last held value to these locations on power-up. Is that how it works? Thanks. DB.

I think that they are Internal Variables and don't have any direct connection to the PLC variables. If I am right then you will need to use the 'Data Exchange between Controllers' function to exchange data between Internal and PLC variables.

Bryan

Thanks, Bryan, I think I've set up that part by using the "i/o browser" within the analogue numeric [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]properties popup. I've set it to poll group 0, although nothing's showing in the list below (?) There's a "properties & help" button but the "help" is almost non-existent.

The bit I think you need is Functions / Data Exchange. Here you set the start registers and number of values to transfer between controllers, or in your case from the Internal Variables to the PLC variables. Then you either have a trigger signal to cause the transfer or you use a time based system. In my manual it is covered in chapter 17 (Communication) section 2 (Data Exchange between Controllers), though in true Beijer tradition it is kind of short on detail.

Bryan

There are a number of areas in the FX1N which do save data to EEPROM, capacitor backed data, etc. Here's an attachment for that information.
Hope this helps.