Suggestions for collecting and storing plc data

edman

Hi All,

I recently set up some controls for a new machine using an Omron CQM1H PLC. I have 30 memory locations with voltage data after the process is complete, which are displayed on a touch panel. I need to get these values into an excel file for later review. I also have other memory locations with type numbers and names of the product being run that woud also need to be stored in the same file as the voltage data. I would then clear the memory locations in preperation for the next run, and store that data in the same file as the previous. I am looking to store a whole days worth of data in each excel file, and start a new file each day. I am pretty good with PLC programming, but not so much with data collection. What would be the best method of doing this? The PLC does not have ethernet, just Comm ports. Thanks in advance.