rs view32/rlinx

alex_cordova

this is what i want to do and this is what i have!

i have micro logix 1500, rslogix 500 for programing, usb/serial cable, all this works.

i also bought this:
RSView 32 HMI programming Software Ver. 6.40 on CD. Includes the development software and the runtime software. Included is one master key disk (3.5" floppy) for 300 tags. Also included is the rescources CD which contains samples and a tutorial.

i have also rslinx pro, and try to use my rs500 key and serial, but i think it defaults to rslinx since its not the right one, is this true!!!!!! this cd was given to me, no support

i want to make a hmi program on my touchscreen laptop, with a waterpumps and pushbuttons , motors. i want to be able to push the button on screen and activate the motors, stuff like that,

so do i have everthing or the right stuff!!!!!

No, unfortunately you do not....Even tho you have the RSLinx Pro CD, it will startup as RSLinx Lite without a valid RSLinx License. The RSView license is no good for Linx, you will need a separate license. And, RSLinx Lite while it will let you program the PLC with RSLogix500, will not let RSView32 talk to the PLC.

my question is will it work???? any body know
i have the cd already
my friend has a key for pro thats why i ask

If your friend has a key on a Master Disk, then yes it will work. The Master Disks aren't 'keyed' to a version. If you want to get accurate answers you need to provide accurate information. You said before that you were going to buy it and nothing about a friend having it.

Wait wait--- rslix gateway and rsview 32

Hi

I have the rslinx gateway and its license, the rsview 32 (demo only for 2 hours) and mlx 1100(port serial and ethernet),the question is..... can I create a project in rsview32 with mlx-rslinx-rsview?? but I want to know if in this rslinx gateway 2.53 can I crate direct drivers with rsview 32. I dont want to use OPC because I know the rslinx gateway support OPC..
Actually my mlx1100 run perfectly with this rslinx gateway.... but I dont know if will run with rsview32 6.4.... o will i need to install the rslinx profesional??.... which version??

Thanks

Because you have a license for RSLinx Classic Gateway, that software will be able to provide data services to RSView32. RSLinx Classic began supporting the MicroLogix 1100 controller in version 2.50.

RSView32 does not care what version of a controller you are using, unless there is a difference in data type.

I am not certain if you can use RSView32 Direct Drivers with the MicroLogix 1100 controller. I never have; I use OPC exclusively.

Every licensed copy of RSLinx Classic supports OPC connectivity to local RSView32 software.

I realize that "doing things right" is not always in the cards, but it would sure be nice if it was at least on the table.

Sorry,I´m wrong, I know that the version is indifferent for rsview.... I will try whith this softwares...

thanks