additional profibus

Hello Moustafa.

Please provide some more information.

What is the system you have now ? - PLC type(s). How many networks. Are there slaves, and how are they connected. Are there more than one master and how are they connected.

What do you mean by "additional profibus" ? - Additional slaves. Additional masters on the same profibus net. Additional profibus networks to an existing CPU. Or... ?

Hello JesperMP thanks alot for your replay

First I mean S7-300 and it is not real system it just assumption question if the system has one master profibus and if you asumme that master is full of salves about 126 slave and I want to add a new master

There are two ways.
1. Add one or more CP342-5's. Each one adds a Profibus master port to the PLC rack.
2. If the CPU has one DP port, then exchange it for one with 2 DP ports. I.e. from 315-2DP (MPI + DP ports) to 317-2DP (MPI/DP + DP ports), or 315-2PN/DP (MPI/DP + PN ports) to 319-3PN/DP (MPI/DP + DP + PN ports).

For very large systems, you must also check if the CPU can actually adress so much i/o as is needed.