E WON Cosy additional Lan

smiley125

I have been tasked with adding an additional PLC to an existing Schneider TM221 is fully utilised, setting up communication between two m221s is my next challenge but that's for another time.

On the existing system theres 2x HMIs and 1 plc connected to the E WON along with the WAN connection, the new PLC will also require a LAN connection so i was thinking i could use a network switch to give me additional LAN connections as all my equipment will have fixed IPs.

Has anyone done this before and have any experience or tips, or even a better way of achieving the same thing?

The Panel is in the states and we aren't or i would just plug one in and try it.

(short version) Can i add a switch to the LAN side of an E WON Cosy to give me additional LAN Connections?

Thanks

This may be a bit of a random comment but I was working with the e.WON and a switch. I have used the 5 port Phoenix contact switch with no problem, RS 712-4046, but had all sorts of problems with their 8 port version, RS 712-4049. The RS own brand 8 port came to the rescue. I emailed Phoenix Contact tech support over a month ago, but didn't get any reply. I realise that the likelihood of you using the 8 port Phoenix switch is probably very slim.

Dont use the **** as a switch. Supply a good industrial switch to run your devices then run one LAN cable from the **** to the switch. I dont know the specs of it off hand but asking the **** to be a switch would probably be bad, I would guess that development time was spent on making it a powerful VPN and not a powerful switch.