Siemens S&313 programm password

bangash37

hi everybody...its nice to see all of you helping the people and sharing thoughts with one another....🍻

Rely i admired the forum people coz it helped me in completing my first project...

well i have a question relating siemens s7313-C2DP,i want to apply a password on the simatic manager programm so that it can be accessed only by the authorized person.

Well i have installed simatic logon but it only gives user login protection but not the security on the programm.How can i secure the program by a password...waiting:confused:

The password is defined in the Hardware Configuration tool. Open the hardware configuration editor and edit the CPU properties. See the attached Picture.

attachment.php

S7ProtectCPu.jpg

I just realised that you are trying to protect the program in the PC and not the PLC. One way of doing that is to protect the blocks in the program using 'knowhow protection'. I am not sure how you can prevent access to the program using a password...