Programming a micrologix 1200

prallen01

I have a customer that has equipment that has AB micrologix 1200 plc installed in it. I am looking for a way to obtain the software for it. I was told that I need RS logix 500 to program this device. I was also told that this software is 1200.00 plus for a copy.Is this true and is there a lower cost version of this software that would work for this application? I dont program a lot of AB equipment so I am trying to reduce the investment involved if possible. I also have a new AB micro touch screen that the customer would like me to be able to edit. Will RS logix work for this or what do I need. Thanks for this great forum.

There is a starter version and also if you will never need to program the SLC there is a Micro version. Both of these are quite less expensive

Ask you distributor about these

9324-RLM0100ENE - RsLogix 500 Micro Starter
9324-RLM0800ENE - RsLogix 500 Micro Developer