how to solve low sensitive touch panel TP177B siemens?

If the issue is low sensitivity then the unit may be bad. I have run into this and had to swap the unit out with a new one and send the old one off for warranty repair. Symptoms of low sensitivity are you can get it to work with a pointed stylus if you tap but your finger does not work unless you tap hard with a fingernail. This is not normal.

However if you mean you have to press to one side of the button or I-O field to get the action, then here is how to calibrate it.

Power off unit. During boot up, wait until you see the four buttons. When you see them, press "Control Panel".

In Windows CE control panel navigate to the OP icon and click it to bring up a window where there is a "calibrate" tab. Do this.

There is an easy way to include the calibration feature in runtime but the power off trick is pretty simple for something that should not have to be repeated.

Is the TP177B a typo, and you mean TP177-4 ?
The TP177-4 (not TP177B) has officially had a bad production run that affects the touch sensitivity.
Not all panels, but certain serial numbers are affected.
We have some panels that must be replaced because of this.

edit: Come to think of it, maybe the TP177B is also affected.
We got an official letter about the TP177-4, probably because Siemens could see that we have purchased some of them recently.
Since we have not purchased any TP177B, if there is a problem with this unit, we would not have gotten a letter.

Last edited:
We also face the same problem with Siemens touch panels after the units are used for a while, and the operator uses the screen pushbuttons quite often. To solve this problem we just move the pushbuttons to a diffrent location on the screen or sometimes we just move the pushbuttons that are used most often to the outside of the HMI.