Motion Control thru Counter modules

Tweeker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can anyone give me the basics of how motion control to a servo or stepper drive is accomplished through a counter module in the PLC rack?

Thanks.

Which PLC?
Some examples from Omron [CJ1M, CP1H and CP1L] and from Idec [ MicroSmart] Series.

These have high speed pulse outputs that are capable of generating relatively simple motion profiles suitable for connecting to Stepper or Servo drives that accept [typically] pulse and direction inputs.

Don't expect tremendously sophisticated motion control using these units, however they do offer a low cost option for straightforward applications that do not involve multi-axis coordinated control.

Similar Topics

I have always controlled servos in Rockwell motion using position loop. I have an application where one process will push against a servo...
Replies
Views
How do I adjust motion control parameters using Logix Designer? Such as: motion axis stop I will make an adjustment like changing the...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, On my system, i got prop valve controling cylinder on the left and right to adjust the center of a lumber before it get in a woodmill...
Replies
Views
HI using a G120 sinamics i used the Profidrive in order to control the position in the picture i showed how my system is ,alos how i set the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an application that currently utilizes SEW drives and programming that we are attempting to convert to Allen Bradley CompactLogix and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom